GIS Mapping and Analysis
At GLS, Geographic Information Systems (GIS) is utilized to its fullest potential and is a core component which enables GLS to consistently deliver the high level of service we have become known for. We feel GIS is an extremely powerful analytical and vastly under-utilized tool in oil and gas.
Our GIS team has extensive experience in many complimentary industries to the energy sector. This allows us to give our clients a view of GIS beyond the “Cookie-Cutter” mapping product in which many land services companies have placed it.
At GLS we use this powerful software for such aspects as Site/Route selection, Regulatory compliance, and the QA/QC of numerous datasets.
As you can see below, we have your basis covered when it comes to GIS.
- Surface Analysis using DTM, DEM, DSM and TIN models
- Site/Route Selection Assistance
- Least Cost Route Analysis
- 3D Elevation Rendering in ArcScene where LiDAR is available
- Viewshed Analysis
- Watershed Analysis
- Incorporation of P2 Energy Solutions Tobin Insight
- Collection of Field Data
- Track Leasehold and Project Status in AOIs
- Creation of topo/satellite imagery maps of AOIs
- Suitability Analysis
- Data Creation and Conversion
- Risk Analysis
- Visualization of trends, patterns and relationships
- Quantitative & Qualitative Analysis